Client Trace - Unclaimed client funds
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) expects solicitors to take all necessary steps to locate clients so unclaimed client funds can be returned. If the client cannot be found, the SRA requires solicitors to provide evidence which shows they have tried to trace the client.
The Law Society recommends the use of a tracing agent as one of the steps you can take to locate missing clients.
Quite often, firms have files dating back over 25 years where the client remains untraced. The financial and administrative burden of keeping these files open for audit can be expensive and time consuming.
Title Research can help you trace missing clients cost effectively or help you satisfy the SRA that you have taken all reasonable steps to trace a client. We can take on files, in their hundreds if needed, using our expert research skills to solve the matter.
- Locate a current address (UK and worldwide)
- Identify forwarding addresses
- Establish if client names have changed (e.g. through marriage or divorce)
- Verify the identity of the missing client
- Evidence a death if the client has deceased (UK & worldwide)
- Carry out our tracing searches at your office if needed
- Produce a formal report, detailing the steps undertaken together with our results which can be submitted to the SRA if needed
Contact us to discuss your requirements on +44(0)20 7332 9090, E:email@example.com
or complete our Enquiry Form
All our searches and services are Data Protection compliant and we have a commitment to quality and security
Subject to terms and conditions available on request.